Introduction to RAF Claims and Procedure
At GCM Legal we strive to streamline the legal process for our clients.
You can use the above form to send us your telephone number and we will call you back and start the process of preparing your claim against the Road Accident Fund (“RAF”).
We also have an option to start the process online, which can make the process of starting your claim even faster.
Clicking the button below and you can complete an online questionnaire will help us compile your claim against RAF.
The interview is comprehensive and may take a while to complete, However, you do not need to complete the whole interview in one sitting. You can select the “Save and continue” button at any time and you will be provided with a unique link that will allow you to return and continue your Interview.
The more information you provide in this questionnaire, the better, only some answers are compulsory.
We will use your Claim Questionnaire to compile the Claim Forms prescribed by the Road Accident Fund.
We will also need additional documents (listed below) that you can submit through the Claim Questionnaire if you have them available to upload.
Do not worry if you do not have all these documents; part of our service will be assisting you in collecting the information needed to submit a claim to the RAF.
Documentation that will form part of your RAF Claim
- Copy of ID Document of the person claiming from the RAF.
- Vouchers and documents in support of amounts claimed.
- Death Certificate; Inquest Report; Charge Sheet (if applicable).
- Proof of relationship to deceased (if applicable).
- Supporting documentation for Income lost due to absence from work (e.g. Payslips; Tax Return; Bank Statements; etc.) (if applicable).
- An affidavit setting out the full particulars of the accident.
- A medical report by the treating doctor.
- Statements of witnesses.
- Police reports.
- Hospital and medical records.
More infomation about the RAF Claim process
We will assess your matter and determine the best way to process with your claim.
RAF claims will require Medical Reports substantiating and explaining your claim. We assist in obtaining these reports.
Claim Submission, Litigation and Negotiations
We will sue the RAF on your behalf and handle all aspects of the litigation. If it is appropriate we will negotiate with the RAF too.
We are ready to help you make your claim against the RAF. Talk to us using the below details: