RAF Claim Assessment
We will assess your matter and determine the best way to proceed with your claim.
When you come to GCM Legal for your Road Accident Fund (“RAF”) Claim, we will first assess your RAF claim.
We will determine how much information there is in respect of the claim … and how much more information we will need to make your claim as strong as possible.
To assess your claim we will need as much information as you have regarding the accident; the injuries; the losses suffered; witnesses, etc.
We will need to discuss the matter with you:
- We can meet at our offices in Johannesburg.
- We can call you (just send us your number with the form above).
- You can call us.
The interview is comprehensive and may take a while to complete, However, you do not need to complete the whole interview in one sitting. You can select the “Save and continue” button at any time and you will be provided with a unique link that will allow you to return and continue your Interview.
Below is a list of the documents we would eventually need to start your Claim with the RAF but often additional document / reports are needed to stregnthen your claim, which we will help put together for you.
Documentation that will form part of your RAF Claim
- Copy of ID Document of the person claiming from the RAF.
- Vouchers and documents in support of amounts claimed.
- Death Certificate; Inquest Report; Charge Sheet (if applicable).
- Proof of relationship to deceased (if applicable).
- Supporting documentation for Income lost due to absence from work (e.g. Payslips; Tax Return; Bank Statements; etc.) (if applicable).
- An affidavit setting out the full particulars of the accident.
- A medical report by the treating doctor.
- Statements of witnesses.
- Police reports.
- Hospital and medical records.
More infomation about the RAF Claim process
RAF Introduction and Procedure
We explain the general procedure of RAF Claims.
RAF claims will require Medical Reports to calculate and explain your claim. We assist in obtaining these reports.
Claim Submission, Litigation and Negotiations
We will sue the RAF on your behalf and handle all aspects of the litigation. If it is appropriate we will negotiate with the RAF too.
We are ready to help you make your claim against the RAF. Talk to us using the below details: